Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not quite hell freezing over, but close...

It seems like yesterday (but maybe it was Monday or Tuesday) when I bragged about our great CA weather...

Today, we had a bit of a change.

It all started when I got back from lunch and the cows were looking staring crazily at me.


I knew something was up. This picture isn't nearly as freaky as it was in person, there's about 25 cows about 15 feet away from me. Thankfully, there's also a fence between us.

I thought it was the thunder and lightening, when that started 20 minutes later. Then I thought it was the hail when that started...



For san diego, it was large hail, about pea sized. It started sticking and building up. Then, about 20 minutes later, it started snowing.

Really.

I have pictures!




We had to call out the public works guys with brooms to clear the paths.



Snow does funny things to us San Diegans.



It was snowing in huge flakes. I have lived places where it snows (Utah, Colorado and Michigan), so I'm not just saying that! They let us go at 3:30, about an hour after the hail and snow started.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Snow Angels!!

I wish we had more snow! =D

Jaime said...

I'm stopping in again to Tag you! If you're up for it I've tagged you for a random me-me ;)

Details are on my blog.